Review Anonymous Software

Selamat datang pendatang baru, baik Muslim maupun non-Muslim. Anda diminta utk BACA DULU ruang ini sebelum menuliskan komentar.
walet

Review Anonymous Software

Post by walet »

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-fr ... ervice.htm

Cross-Platform Solutions

JonDo (previously known as JAP) is a VPN client written in Java that routes data across the JonDo network. Unfortunately, being Java based means that the application is somewhat bloated. However, JonDo does has an attractive and user-friendly GUI to make up for this large amount of memory consumption, which displays lots of visual information about your connection to the JonDo network. Being Java-based means that it is truly cross-platform. The free service offers 30-50 kBit/s speeds and unlimited bandwidth. The commercial option offers a lot more features such as higher speeds, access to all ports and SOCKS5 support. The JonDonym group provide a free browser profile for Firefox called JonDoFox. It's preconfigured to be highly anonymous out of the box and features lots of useful add-ons, such as No-Script, CS Lite and AdBlock Plus. It's completely free and I highly recommend it to anybody that is serious about anonymity. Unfortunately, JonDo do have maximum user limits for all of their free servers, which means they are generally overloaded at peak times. You may not be able to connect instantly. Here are some of my personal ratings and a few technical points regarding the program;
Speed Rating: Slow. 30kbps-50kbps (Dial-up speeds).
Anonymity Rating: High
Usage Allowance: Unlimited
Logging Level: Minimal. They log bandwidth usage for accounting purposes.
Server Location(s): Worldwide
Operating System(s):
WOT Rating: Excellent (WOT is explained much further down).
76MB of RAM usage when running.
There is a portable version available.

Vidalia is a Tor client that bundles Tor and Polipo, and routes data across the Tor network. They offer quite a few bundles for users to get started relatively quickly. If you do not opt for the Tor browser, you must configure your machine's local proxy port to use Vidalia's default port of 8118 in order to use the program. Like JonDo, Vidalia constantly changes your IP to mask your Internet trail and provide greater anonymity. There aren't that many features. It's a basic Tor program which strives to keep things as 'simple' as possible as Tor itself is very complicated. The program allows users to become Tor Relays to help censored users connect to the network. There is a neat feature which shows a map of Earth with lines representing connections to the Tor server participants and very nice bandwidth graphs. Here are some of my personal ratings and a few technical points regarding the program;
Speed Rating: Generally slow
Anonymity Rating: Medium-Low
Logging Level: Unknown. It varies from peer to peer. Some may log you and some may not. Review this page for more info about entry and exit nodes.
Operating System(s):
WOT Rating: Excellent.
There is a portable version available.
24 - 32MB RAM usage when running with an additional 4MB used for Polipo and another 16.5 MB for the Tor engine.

PacketiX.NET is free service offered by SoftEther Corp as an academic experiment run by the University of Tsukuba in Japan. Unlike Hotspot Shield and countless other VPN clients, it is not based on OpenVPN but instead uses a proprietary system. Like most other VPN connections, it encrypts all of your Internet activities. The actual client itself is very customisable and powerful allowing you to get the most out of your VPN connection. There are a number of features from setting the number of TCP connections and/or enabling data compression to maximise throughput. The actual speed you get ultimately depends on your geographic location in relation to Japan. This means that a lot of people may experience slow connections (especially Europeans). The GUI is very simple and easy to use. Installation is somewhat simple but you need to download the client and an additional configuration file. They have a nice tutorial on their website that guides you through the whole process to make your life easier. Whilst they do keep logs, they are open about it. You have to read and accept an agreement that you will not use the service 'to do crime' as they put it. As long as you're not doing anything you shouldn't be doing, it shouldn't concern you greatly. Here are some of my personal ratings and a few technical points regarding the program;
Speed Rating: Medium
Logging Level: High. Logs are kept permanently.
Server Location(s): Japan
Operating System(s):
19MB of RAM usage when running.

JanusVM is a VMware based, Tor/Privoxy/Squid/OpenVPN client, or as they like to call it, an 'Internet Privacy Appliance'. This really is a superior product compared to other Tor solutions as it combines the power of Tor, Privoxy, Squid and OpenVPN to increase anonymity. I would recommend this option for intermediate-advanced computer users as it's not simply a case of 'click-click-done' with this one. It requires the installation of VMware's VMware Player (which is free), the configuration of a VPN connection and some background reading (albeit quite minimal). They do also have a nice video tutorial for beginners who wish to try out this solution. VMware Player is required to be running every time you want to use JanusVM. While this may not be an issue for most, those with older hardware might struggle to run virtual machines altogether. Apart from the potential technical difficulties with running the virtual machine, it can be highly inconvenient for some to have it running all the time. This is the kind of decision you will have to make when considering anonymity options. 128 MB of RAM is a bare minimum to run a virtual machine! If you have this amount of RAM, considering upgrading to a higher amount. Once JanusVM is set up correctly, you need to configure your operating system's network connection manager to dial into JanusVM. The people over at project JanusVM also offer a hardware based solution, dubbed JanusPA! It's really interesting as it encrypts all of your data going through your ADSL modem or router meaning literally nothing can get through that isn't 'Torified'. More information can be found here! They are currently out of stock but it's worth a look anyway. Here are some technical points regarding the program;
Speed Rating: Generally slow
Logging Level: Unknown. It varies from peer to peer. Some may log you and some may not. Review this page for more info about entry and exit nodes.
Operating System(s):
WOT Rating: Excellent
53 MB of RAM usage when running.

proXPN is a VPN client based on OpenVPN, however there is a PPTP service also on offer for mobile phone users. They currently have servers located in the USA and are looking to expand into Europe therefore speeds may vary depending on your location. Overall, speeds are generally very fast for most users. With it being a VPN client, it encrypts all of your Internet activities. They use a 512-bit level of encryption with 2,048-bit certificates for users to achieve high levels of anonymity. Unfortunately, registration is mandatory in order to use the service. Of course, for the extremely paranoid folk among you, fake details may be provided, however a real e-mail address must be used in order to activate an account but again, this e-mail address could also be fake. Sorry if I confused anyone with that last sentence! The GUI is very basic and somewhat user-friendly, though could use a little reworking (removal of some tabs and integrating some controls into one window would be a nice start). One problem I've encounted is that proXPN seems to run on start-up by default for me and cannot be stopped easily. As far as I know, this problem only occurs in Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Use the comments section for assistance with this. It's available for a wide variety of operating systems, including Microsoft's modern operating systems, such as Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Mobile, as well as a range of Apple based operating systems, such as Mac OS, iPhone and iPod Touch. It may work for older operating systems such as Windows 98 and 95 but they are not officially supported. Here are some of my personal ratings and a few technical points regarding the program;
Speed Rating: Fast (up to 1000 kbps)
Logging Level: Minimal. They log connection time and date, your bandwidth usage and your registration details. Logs are kept for a roughly 2 weeks.
Server Location(s): USA
Operating System(s):
3.6MB of RAM usage when running (+3MB for OpenVPN).

USAIP is a PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN VPN service. They have servers in the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Hungary and China, so overall, most people around the world should receive good connection speeds. Since PPTP and L2TP are protocols, they are not bound to any one operating system, although Microsoft played a major part of it's development. Therefore you can use the USAIP service by utilising the standard network connection manager program found within most modern Windows distributions, such as Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, as well as Microsoft's archaic legacy operating systems, such as Windows ME, Windows 98 and Windows 95 (but honestly, if you're using any of these operating systems, I have one question for you; why!?). USAIP may be used in other operating systems too, such as MAC OS and Linux which include VPN clients within their respective operating systems. The program effectively tunnels all of your data through this service, which means not only your web browsing session is anonymous, but all of your Internet activities are anonymous. This is useful for apps that use other protocols, such as UDP. I used to play online games using this service and my ping was higher than many of the programs listed here can offer. The free service has unlimited bandwidth and you can use it for as long as you wish. However, there is a catch. They allow you to try their service for absolutely nothing, but disconnect you every 7 minutes to entice you to upgrade to one of their premium packages. We can't complain as we can just redial once we've been disconnected! Most of the network connection programs have an automatic redial function available so make good use of it. Being disconnected every 7 minutes can be unnoticeable, but as I wrote earlier, playing an online game and being disconnected is very noticeable! I'd recommend this as a backup to some of the other services listed on this page. Here are some of my personal ratings and a few technical points regarding the program;
Speed Rating: Fast
Logging Level: Minimal. They log bandwidth usage and keep them for 48 hours.
Server Location(s): USA UK Germany The Netherlands China
Operating System(s):
WOT Rating: Unknown.

VPNReactor is a L2TP/PPTP/OpenVPN VPN service similar to USAIP. They currently only have servers in the USA so speeds may vary. Most of the points that were mentioned about USAIP apply to this product. The only major differences are that the free service has unlimited bandwidth and usage, however, the VPN connection disconnects every 30 minutes. Registration is mandatory, and they also require users to reactivate their accounts monthly. I'm not sure if they support mobile devices, but in theory they should support devices that use PPTP or L2PT. Here are some of my personal ratings and a few technical points regarding the program;
Speed Rating: Fast
Logging Level: Minimal
Server Location(s): USA
Operating System(s):

Your Freedom is a Java-based 'sophisticated tunneling solution' brought to you by resolution GmbH. Again, being Java-based means that is truly a cross-platform solution. The GUI is nothing to write home about, it's a plain and simple looking Java GUI. They have servers located worldwide, have support for lots of protocols (such as UDP) and allow you to play online games using the tunnel. However, the speeds are on the slow (64 kbit/s...dial-up speed) for free users and they also limit usage of the proxy tunnel to up to 6 hours per day or up to 15 hours per week. It's not much at all and that is why I recommend this service as a backup solution. They only keep logs of your statistical data for accounting purposes.
Speed Rating: Slow. 64kbits/s (Dial-up speed).
Usage Allowance: Low. Up to 6 hours per day and up to 15 hours per week.
Logging Level: Minimal. They only keep logs of part of your IP (16-bit or half of your IP address) and your statistical data for accounting purposes only and are usually deleted within 4 weeks.
Operating System(s):