FFI Server Update

Moderator 2

FFI Server Update

Post by Moderator 2 »

Dalam beberapa hari kedepan, FFI Indonesia akan off beberapa menit, mungkin 10 menit untuk perbaikan.
Jadi harap sabar.
Kalau gak lancar mungkin bisa beberapa jam.
enemyofpr0phet

Re: FFI Server Update

Post by enemyofpr0phet »

Moderator 2 wrote:Dalam beberapa hari kedepan, FFI Indonesia akan off beberapa menit, mungkin 10 menit untuk perbaikan.
Jadi harap sabar.
Kalau gak lancar mungkin bisa beberapa jam.
makasih atas infonya,asalkan down tidak lebih dari 1 hari.karena membuat pusing kepala seperti yang sudah sudah.
Moderator 2

Post by Moderator 2 »

Kerusakan FFI kemarin kan dah dijelaskan.

Ilustrasi Server

http://www.faithfreedom.org/features/ne ... eedom-org/

Faithfreedom.org was down for almost ten days and for those who wonder why here is the explanation.

We haven’t been hacked and we did not end faithfreedom on purpose. I can assure everyone that this site will is not going to go away. It will be working even if I am dead. I have taken measures to ensure it will survive after me. Anyway, don’t count on my death happening any time soon. I have decided that am going to outlive Islam.

Here’s the basic story of what happened.

Faithfreedom.org was slow. We know that it had to do with come coding issue but when the company from whom we rent our server offered a great deal we decided to upgrade our server. This company we deal with is not a hosting company. They rent servers to hosting companies, which means their clients have their system administrator and can handle any problem.

We get a great deal by dealing with them but since we don’t have a system administrator, we rely on them for service. Of course we pay for that service but it is a very bad service. Their technicians really don’t know what they are doing. Any time we had to deal with them we faced nothing but trouble. A few months ago when we upgraded our server we had the same problem. It means we spend a lot of money and get very bad result.

When we rented this new powerful server we requested that they transfer the files from the old server to the new one. They moved a few minor sites including alisina.org but neglected to move the files for the faithfreedom.org. For a few days we tried to figure out why this site was not working. At the end it became clear that they had not transferred all the data. By then, the old server was cancelled and they would not restore it unless we paid again. The backup that was also on the old server was corrupted.

Now, this is unethical but I had to pay anything they asked or say goodbye to faithfreedom.org with its 4000 external links. Being in no position to bargain I greed and this month I am paying for two servers. It still took them sometime to move the data.

Finally, the transfer seems to be complete and that is why the site is back.

I want to thanks Manfred and Harrell for the help but we really need a system administrator. I used technicians from oDesk to do some administrative and web design work. I’ve spent thousands of dollars so far and as everyone can see we still don’t have a decent template and much of the features don’t work. Odesk is a fast way to lose your money and get nothing in exchange. Few people over there know their trade. Before we had volunteers. Now we don’t, which is unfortunate because our sites are really effective in demolishing the deception of Islam.

Sorry for all this trouble. Next time when you see our sites are down please be reassured that they will be back. We are not going to go anywhere.

Now we have a much powerful server. Our new server has Intel Core2Quad Q9550 core, 8GB DDR2 RAM and 1TB Enterprise SATAb Hard Drive, which should be able to sustain the load for a couple more years. You may find that the pages still don’t load fast. That is because there are problems with the coding. That can be solved, hopefully, with the help of an expert programer.

It would be nice to find a new sysadmin volunteer. This site is not a commercial site. I pay the cost of the server from my pocket and donations have pretty much dried up. There is a lot of competition. That is great for our cause but not so great for donations. I will still keep these sites as long as I can afford. In any case they will not be shut down. This you can be assured of.

I am also trying to find help to improve the template of FFI. Once that is complete we will be working on FreedomBulwark.net. I’d like to convert that site into a multisite so any person who wants a blog on Islam or has a blog and wants to promote it can start his/her own blog safely. It would serve as a hub for our movement.

Ali Sina
daniel-ntl

Post by daniel-ntl »

oh gitu...., baru sekarang gw bisa OL lagi di FFI
awlohwts

Post by awlohwts »

Asal jangan lama-lama......habis saya dihina-hina muslim Facebook gara FFI ga bisa diakses!! Moncong mereka selalu ngejek klo FFI sukses diblokir kaum slimer.
jambrong

Post by jambrong »

thanks mod....
momed_xxx3

Post by momed_xxx3 »

Duh tanpa FFI Sperti da yg kurang rasanya
daniel-ntl

Post by daniel-ntl »

tgl 11/des/2012 FFI mati, sekarang 12/des/2012 jam 11.00 wib baru bisa lagi, kenapa sih servernya?
walet

Post by walet »

mungkin sever baru gak cepet kali ya?
Utbahbinabuwaqqash

Post by Utbahbinabuwaqqash »

To: Admin / Operator FFI
Coba buat akun di facebook, khusus utk informasi2 yg diperlukan, jadi kalo pas FFI ga bisa diakses krn berbagai alasan, kita2 bisa mengetahuinya dari akun di fb itu boss..!
Kalo fb kan ga mungkin diblok sama tifatul miring
Hi..hi..hi..
Reichgenossen

Post by Reichgenossen »

@atas
betul tuh mendingan bikin akun FB deh biar bikin kesel si bekatul semriwing :rolling:

alhamduileh FFI hidup lagi \:D/

btw izinkan saya kutip tulisan2 di FFI buat bahan2 saya ok :supz: