AS: Saudi dihukum 28 thn karena perbudak TKW Indonesia****

Membahas pengalaman kerja orang di SAUDI pada umumnya dan kasus2 penganiayaan
terhdp TKW asal Indonesia di Malaysia, Saudi, pada khususnya.

AS: Saudi dihukum 28 thn karena perbudak TKW Indonesia****

Postby ali5196 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:32 am

http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2006 ... /108310083

Man gets 28 years to life for slavery
BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
August 31, 2006

CENTENNIAL- Blaming anti-Muslim sentiment and denying wrongdoing, a Saudi Arabian citizen was sentenced Thursday to 28 years to life in prison after he was convicted of sexually assaulting an Indonesian housekeeper and keeping her as a virtual slave for four years.

"Your honor, I am not here to apologize, for I cannot apologize for things I did not do and for crimes I did not commit," Homaidan Al-Turki told the judge in a voice choked with emotion. "Attacking traditional Muslim behaviors was the focal point of the prosecution." :shock: :shock:

He said FBI agents persuaded the now-24-year-old housekeeper, who initially denied any sexual abuse, to accuse him after they failed to build a case that he was a terrorist. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Al-Turki, a linguist who brought his family to Colorado 14 years ago and was studying for a doctorate at the University of Colorado, was convicted June 30 of unlawful sexual contact by use of force, theft and extortion, all felonies; and of misdemeanor counts of false imprisonment and conspiracy to commit false imprisonment.

Prosecutors said Al-Turki's ethnicity and religion were never a factor in the prosecution. Ann Tomsic asked District Judge Mark Hannen to treat Al-Turki as he would an American citizen who committed similar crimes.

"The world is listening, and the court needs to make a statement that in the United States, or at least in Arapahoe County, this kind of slavery will not be tolerated," Tomsic told Hannen.

Outside the court, prosecutor Natalie Decker said the evidence was overwhelming and none of it was fabricated.

"This girl has been consistent through her statements once she came forward," Decker said.

Before announcing the sentence, Hannen denied a defense motion for a new trial. Defense attorney John Richilano said he intends to appeal the convictions, citing problems with jury selection and the admission of certain evidence and witness testimony.

"I was convicted on fear and emotion, not facts," Al-Turki, wearing an orange jail jumpsuit with his hands and ankles shackled, told the judge. "I want a fair trial where my religion and where I come from is not (the basis for) a conviction." :cry: :cry: :cry:

Prosecutors and FBI agents said Al-Turki and his wife, Sarah Khonaizan, brought the woman to Colorado to care for their five children and to cook and clean for the family. An affidavit said she spent four years with the family in the suburban Aurora home, sleeping on a mattress on the basement floor and getting paid less than $2 a day.

The Associated Press is not identifying the woman because of the sexual nature of the charges.

Al-Turki said he treated the woman the same way any observant Muslim family would treat a daughter. "The state has criminalized these basic Muslim behaviors," he said. :vom: :vom:

Al-Turki said he has been under investigation as a suspected terrorist since 1995 but has never been charged with the crime.
ali5196

Postby wix » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:37 am

Terima kasih kepada Amerika...
wix

Postby twinz69 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:58 am

GOD BLESS AMERIKA. :supz:

F**K ARAB.
twinz69

Return to Ruang TKW Indonesia